San Juan Mesonada, C. & Armario Benítez, J. I. (2021).
Wednesday 5 May 2021, by Carlos San Juan
In google academic is wrongly quoted as Mesonada, C. S. J., & Benítez, J. I. A. (2021). Land, water and energy: The crossing of governance. Journal of Arid Environments, 187, 104403.
Please quote as: San Juan Mesonada, C. & Armario Benítez, J. I. (2021). Land, water and energy: The crossing of governance. Journal of Arid Environments, 187, 104403.
Also access through Spanish license FECIT: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0140196320303025?via%3Dihub
• The paper assesses the economic viability of grid-connected photovoltaic installations of principal crops.
• Since the liberalisation of the energy market, the electricity bill of irrigators become substantially higher.
• Adaptation to climate change means to switch to PV irrigated systems to preserve gross land margins.
• The contradictory and time unstable regulations send conflicting signals slowing the path to a clean irrigation system.
• Our main conclusion is that the European Commission has a relevant task in coordinating water and energy regulations in arid lands.